Red Nation: Quinn leads the way

By: Becca Hall [Executive Powwow Editor]

The planning has been done and he is ready for the big game, whether it is home or away, he knows the student section will be inspirational.

Daly Quinn, senior, is the leader of the high school student section, also known as Red Nation. “I feel that I have made a positive impact on it in trying to think of creative things to do for everyone to have fun,” Quinn explains. He spends much time trying to brainstorm new ways to improve the student section and get everyone involved.

One of Quinn’s favorite cheers that they have done was at the first football game this year. They chanted “I believe that we will win” cheer as usual, but they put an interesting spin on it. Each student held baby powder in their hands, and threw it up at the end of the cheer, creating a white cloud above the student section. He explains that they did it “to start off the season and to get people to come to the games… It’s a fun thing to do!”

Not only does Quinn feel that Red Nation is a fun thing, but he also thinks it is a very valuable asset to the game. Quinn knows first hand how a student section can affect the game, since his first three years of high school he was on the football team, and he is also on the basketball team. “When you are playing the student section can affect the energy of the game.” he says.

Quinn really enjoys being the leader of Red Nation, “I enjoy cheering on the football team because I have played it every year except for this year, so I want to have a good student section for my friends.” He spends the games in front of the students, pumping everyone up and leading cheers. He also has some advice for those who sit in the student section, “Everyone cheer instead of just half of the student section cheering so we are louder.”

With all of the excitement and new cheers from Red Nation, Daly Quinn is planning on making this year memorable.

Daly Quinn (on the left) cheers loudly to encourage the football team.