Passion for the game

By: Haley Shaffer [Vox Editor]

She walks into the red gym. She sees her team warming up. She is ready for another hard practice after last nights win.
Harper Bean, senior, is a part of the Marion Volleyball team. She says that volleyball is a passion. “I love to play and I love all my girls,” Harper explains. The volleyball team is really close this year. “We have a really good relationship and we all get along really well,” Harper said.

The volleyball team has had a decent start so far this season. “We’ve been doing pretty well and have been working hard at practice,” Harper commented. Overall she thinks it’s been a good season.

The volleyball team has an advantage this year that they really appreciate. “The student section is great. They keep us pumped up and intense,” Harper said.
Harper has high hopes for the rest of this season. “I think it’s looking good for the rest of this season and I have high hopes and I’m excited,” Harper commented.
She leaves practice sweating and exhausted but she knows that her and her team have worked hard. She believes that that hard work will pay off at the next game on Tuesday against Independence. She is excited to see what the future holds for this team.