Bump, set, spike it!

By: Taylor Millis [Executive Yearbook Editor]

As they pull on their jersey for the first time nerves rush through their veins. Hearing the crowd fill the stands, they walk out onto their side of the court, smiles on their faces and adrenaline pumping through their body. Tuesday night the freshman volleyball team stepped on the court for their first game of the year.

Madison Wilson, freshman, is on the freshman volleyball team. She has been playing for three years. She got interested in playing volleyball because her mom played when she was younger. Even though it was the first game Madison was not really nervous. “I like playing games rather than practicing. Its more of a competition.” Madison was excited before her game to play as a high school student. “I think we will do well. We did well at our scrimmage.” The freshman team gave their first game all they had.

They walked off the court after their first game with smiles on their faces. They played their hardest and they played wholeheartedly. Win or lose Madison and her team were excited just to play the game they love as a team.

Madison in her volleyball jersey.
Madison in her volleyball jersey.