The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

WPA is finally here!

By: Haley Berry, Yearbook editor

All week the dancers at Marion have been getting the school excited for this weekends dance, the famous Woman Pay All, or commonly known as W.P.A. Francesca Barbiere, senior, is especially excited for tomorrow night’s dance. “I’m very excited because we do not have dances back home in Italy,” she says.

Even though Valentines day is right around the corner, this dance doesn’t have to be for couples. But ironically Francesca gets to go to the dance with her boyfriend this year. “I’m going with John Sagar,” she smiles, “my boyfriend.” They are going with a group of people to Red Lobster.

Since W.P.A means the woman pay all…do the woman really pay? “Well yes, I think I have to pay for it all,” Francesca laughs, “well I know I’m buying dinner and the tickets.”

This dance usually is more of a casual type of dance and Francesca says, “I didn’t know if I should wear a dress or more formal,” she continues, “So I’m going to wear black pants and a tank top.”

Since in Italy they don’t really have dances, homecoming and W.P.A and the luau are getting Francesca pretty excited to the biggest dance of the year! Prom. “I cannot wait to go!” Francesca smiles, “It’s going to be so much fun, and I’ll be shopping for my dress in about three weeks.”

So tomorrow night is finally the W.PA dance, so like Francesca, get excited and have fun tomorrow!