Hogue talks about how she keeps busy during the winter

By: Abi Washburn, Staff Writer

It’s winter. You look outside to see the gloomy day and you think to yourself, “Hmm what to do?” Call up your friends? Do some extra chores? These are good ideas but you take another look outside and decide, this day will be fun with just a little bit of creativity. “Hanging out with my friends Mariah Mcsweeny, Catrina Smith, and Isaiah is always fun,” Jasmine Hogue, sophomore at Marion High School says.

There are always ways to keep busy with friends and think of new and fun things to do. “One time, Catrina and I, played this game where one of us would go in the trunk and the other would drive up a big hill really fast and then when you went down the car would fly over the hill and it would tickle your belly,” Jasmine explains. Creativity is a great way to mix up what there is to do, rather than just staying in the same old routine.

“The least fun thing to do to pass the time is to fall asleep all day, it feels like a complete waste of a day and then you can’t fall asleep at night,” Jasmine announces. Jasmine, like most people don’t like to waste their day and that is why it is always good to have your friends around with you.“[What I usually do is] just go to work ad hang out with friends… I work at Justice and that is really fun but it can be very repetitive,” says Jasmine. Jasmine has been working and although that is a good way to pass the time it isn’t as fun as being imaginative and doing new things. “[There are always things to pass the time] Whenever I am bored and cannot think of anything to do I just sleep and watch movies and TV and wait for something fun,” she said.

As she finally comes home she is exhausted, she crawls into bed and turns out the lights. She thinks about the eventful day she just had with all of her friends and decided today was a good day. Without wasting a single moment she goes to sleep and awaits for tomorrow for a new set of adventures.