Holley in for the long stride

Skylar Miller-Baker @skylarmbaker15 [Activities Editor]

He steps onto the track and looks around scooping up his competition. He knows that he’s fast and can outrun them all, now its just a matter of waiting for the baton to reach his hand so he can take off.

Josh Holley, junior, is one of the few track athletes at Marion High School. The track season has been going on for some time now and Holley is very happy with how the season’s going. “Our season has been going really well! We started of thinking it’d be a little rough but we’ve turned out to be a really solid team! Were top five in most events. We’ve been finishing really well at meets considering the teams we have been competing against.” Holley commented.

Since the season has been going on for a while, the team has already had quite a lot of meets, and still plenty more to come. The team is now getting ready to compete at Xavier and, Holley is excited for the meet. “I think we can compete well. Were taking a lot of talented guys that have ran well against these teams before.” Holley stated. Holley usually runs the open 100, 4×200, distance medley and the 4×100 and now he hopes to run these again at Xavier.

As the season goes on and more meets come and go, Holley starts to make some goals, “State. That’s my biggest goal right now. I’d like for our 4×100 to qualify and ultimately run at Drake again next year. I’d also love to have our 4×200 place at state.” Said Holley. With the season ending Holley has some mixed emotions coming into play. “I’m excited to see how we finish the season out and get ready for summer training and the next season. I’m excited to try sprint club and hopefully come back faster for next year. I’m also sad though because were losing some great athletes.” Holley committed.

Holley is a very avid track runner with high goals for himself. It’s safe to say that Holley will continue to be a part of the track and field program at Marion High School for as long as he can.

With the track season about half over, there's only so many meets left before the end of the season
With the track season about half over, there’s only so many meets left before the end of the season