Wilson works it out

Kaela Halvorson @kaelswhales [Design Editor]

She looks across the net at her opponent, and takes the final swing of the game. She walks up to the net to say good job and walk back and relax, but she can’t relax until the weekend. Madison Wilson, sophomore, is the second varsity player and she is facing a huge challenge this week. The tennis team has four meets this week, which keeps Wilson’s life a busy mess.

Wilson’s days are filled with school and then right after school they are leaving or practicing for tennis,which makes it difficult to get school work done. “It’s hard because you can’t do it on the bus, and we get home late,” stated Wilson. This also results in long nights of doing homework, cutting down on sleep and keeping them from getting enough rest. This can make their energy lower, making their focus lower too.

She wouldn’t have it any other way though. “I enjoy playing and going on bus rides with my friends,” said Wilson. Even though tennis is putting more pressure on her to work harder in school and really focus Wilson is still making sure her grades are up. High School is a learning lesson on how sports or other activities can work people harder, but it shows that it is possible to do.

...
Madison Wilson, sophomore, is on the Varsity tennis team at Marion.