New editions for a new year

DeLaney Fisher @DeLaney__Fisher [Co Executive Newspaper Editor]

The girls run around the track, lap after lap as they train for their new season. A voice calls them over after they’ve finished, and they gather around the newest edition to their team. This season a new coach debuts for the girls track team. The team is taking this big change in stride.

Olivia Cechota, senior, is excited for the change, and looks forward to the upcoming season. “Last year the coach was Logan, but this year it is Gaffney-Paige,” Cechota explained. This will be Cechota’s second year on the team.“I hope there will be less drama this year, and that lots of girls make it to state,” Cechota commented. She has high hopes for the team, and the same for herself.

Cechota’s goal for the season is to make her personal record. “I have to beat my time from last year which is 29 seconds,” Cechota commented. While hard workouts aren’t her favorite, she knows she needs them to succeed. “My favorite part about track is the adrenaline I feel when I’m running,” Cechota stated.

After much training, and a little bit of wishful thinking, the girls begin to hope that maybe this new editions the answer to their prayers. Cechota and the track team will continue to jump over any hurdle they encounter during their 2015 season with the help of their new coach.

Olivia Cechota, senior, poses with her team for the track picture