Gamerdinger’s curtain begins to close

Savannah Guyer @SavannahMGuyer [Feature Editor]

As the second half of the school year begins,many seniors are preparing to say goodbye to some of their favorite classes, teachers, and activities that have been apart of their entire high school careers. Kali Gamerdinger, senior, is one of these students departing for college in the fall, but Marion High School isn’t the only thing she’ll be moving on from.

Dancing since the age of two, Gamerdingerhas been going to the same studio for the last sixteen years. Donna’s Dance Studio has been a place of solace, even before she was aware of what dance meant to her. “My mom got me into the studio before I really knew what I was doing and I never stopped because I liked it so much,” Gamerdinger commented.

Being involved in one place for so long, Gamerdinger has been able to befriend many other dancers that have gone to Donna’s. “It’s different classes with different people, but I’ve known a lot of them for a really long time,” Gamerdinger stated. Since she’s been participating in the classes offered there, there is one that sticks out to her. “Tap is my favorite class to be in because I really like the rhythm incorporated into it. That rhythm ties into some of the other activities I have, like drumline,” Gamerdinger added.

With all the past experiences taken place in such a significant place, Gamerdinger is not looking forward to saying goodbye. “It’s going to be really sad, finishing up the rest of the year. You can’t be in a class past twelfth grade, so I won’t be in a class anymore and that’s really upsetting because I love dancing,” Gamerdinger went on to say.

Regardless of her leaving behind Donna’s Dance Studio, Gamerdinger is not going to forget just how much of a lifestyle dancing has been to her. “I won’t be in any more classes or majoring in it, but I will continue to dance. Dancing is a lifetime sport to me,” Gamerdinger clarified.

Though she will be retiring from Donna’s Dance Studio, Gamerdinger will not forget what her particular hobby has contributed to her over the years.

Kali Gamerdinger, senior, shows off her Donna's Dance Studio Spirit Jersey
Kali Gamerdinger, senior, shows off her Donna’s Dance Studio Spirit Jersey