First of the season

Lexi Morgan @Lexi_Morgan17 [Social Media Editor]

Terrence Williams, senior, is getting ready to play in the first home game of the season this year. To prepare for the season, Williams lifted and went to the open gyms. “I’m really excited to start, and I know we’re gonna have a good season. But I’m sad it’s my last year,” Williams said. Williams hopes they will keep improving every game.

Starting this year as a forward, Williams is really excited for the game tomorrow. The team is playing Western Dubuque. “I think we have a chance to win,” Williams commented.

During the week of practice before the game, the team scouts the other team. They look at their stats and watch videos. They have to memorize the other team’s numbers, heights, what they’re known to do, points per game, and rebounds per game. On game day, they have to be there by the sophomore game to watch. To warm up, the team practices lay-ups, rebounds, and defenses slides.

Williams and the whole team prepare for their game by working hard in practice and paying attention to what the other team does.

The boys wish for this to be a god season, and hope to see everyone out there supporting them
View Comments (1)