Keeping your cool for winter parking

Skylar Miller-Baker @skylarmbaker15 [Activities Editor]

The snow has begun to fall, a clear indicator that winter is upon us. With the snow comes many joys and cheers, but something else comes with the snow. The terrible problem of making parking harder in the MHS parking lot.

Noah Nissen, junior, speaks his opinion of a major problem for high school drivers at MHS today. “I think its easy if you’re smart about it, just pay attention as best as you can and if you mess up just redo it.” Nissen stated.

Some people think that parking in the winter is a lot harder than parking in the summer, but is it really? “Yes driving in the winter is way harder than parking in the summer,” Nissen said. It seems that most people would answer this question with a yes, and say that parking in the winter is a lot harder than any other season.

Some people don’t seem to mind parking in the winter and don’t find it much harder than the other seasons. Gloria Coder, junior, is one who doesn’t think parking in the winter is all that bad. “Its fine to me, but to some people it’s pretty bad I guess,” Coder commented.

When parking in the winter students should make sure that they are aware of others around them, and make sure that they know how to properly handle a vehicle. “Just pay attention, and you need to be able to adapt to the situation and make sure you can handle parking in the winter,” Nissen said.

With winter here and rodes getting icy, students need to make sure that they know how to park properly in the parking lot. Students need to be more careful, as more accidents are likely to happen when the snow started to hit the ground.

Safety is very important in parking lots, the spaces can be very slippery and hazardous to drivers and pedestrains
View Comments (1)