Volleyball wins first round of state

Kylie McAllister @smileeyyykylie [Co Executive Yearbook Editor]

Last night the volleyball team won their first state match against Charles City. Abby Phillips, senior, was very privileged to play at this game. She had hurt her herself playing the game she loved when she dove and her finger basically went into her hand. Because of this injury, Phillips was unable to play for about four weeks. “I missed all of the regional games. It was tough but I had a lot of support for my team,” said Phillips.

Phillips was very excited on Monday when her doctor cleared her to play at the state volleyball game on Tuesday. The moment when she heard she could play was very exciting for her. “I was really happy. I thanked God,” commented Phillips.

Tomorrow the volleyball team will be taking on West Delaware at the state tournament. The team has lost to them before, but Phillips believes that they will win. Playing at state is a special and memorable time for all of the volleyball players.“When I’m playing i feel a lot of adrenaline, and it’s really exciting to be there with my teammates,” Phillips stated. Phillips is excited to be on the court tomorrow and hopefully again on Friday at the final round of the state games.

Abby Phillips, senior, crouches in her defensive stance as she waits for the ball to come at her
View Comments (1)