Second soccer game for girls regionals

Deshaun Quinn [Staff Writer] @Quinntower_2

Amanda Sahm, junior, stands in the front foyer to pose for a shot

She slips on her shin guards and ties her cleats tight in preparation for eighty minutes of gameplay that she’s has been waiting for all day. She steps out onto the field and stares down her opponents, ready to help her team win the game.

Amanda Sahm, junior, has loved playing the game of soccer. Tomorrow brings a day that she will have to focus for. Tomorrow marks the day of the girls regional soccer game. The Marions Indians will be playing the Maquoketa Cardinals in a match that both teams have been looking forward too. Last time these two teams matched up the score fell in favor of the Indians, as they took a 1-0 win over the Cardinals.

“Our team is going to have to pass the ball well and play aggressive on both sides of the ball,” Sahm expressed. The Indians, with a record of 9-4, have had an impressive season but this game will mark how much they have grow as a team from the start of their season. “This game will prove how great are team has been,” Sahm said. The team has lost Haley Clifton to a sprained knee, which will cause the Indians to persevere and overcome her role on the field.

Whether they win or they lose, Sahm will be proud of what the team has accomplished. They have made many memories over the season. “My favorite memory was when we beat Maquoketa 1-0 in the pouring rain,” Sahm commented. Team dinners were also a favorite time of Sahm’s during the season. No matter what, tomorrow’s game will be another great memory for Sahm and her team.