Singing together

By: Taylor Millis [Co-Executive Yearbook editor] @tinytmills

The songs have been practiced, microphones checked, and dress rehearsals are over. Tonight the high school is hosting the choral concert. But it’s not a normal choir concert. This concert is not only one that the high school choir performs at, all choirs from grades second through high school will be performing tonight.

Harper Bean, senior, has participated in choir since fourth grade. She is looking forward to this choir concert. “It’s pretty fun to see all the other groups perform,” Bean said. Bean enjoys the choral concert because it gives her the chance to watch the other choirs and hear them sing. There is a special thing that happens at this concert though. “At the end we all sing together which is an interesting experience,” Bean stated with a laugh. Trying to get all of the younger kids to work together during rehearsal is a struggle but Harper still enjoys it. “Getting the little to focus is challenging but it usually runs smoothly,” Bean said.

Tonight all the choir kids, second through 12th grade, will file onto the gym bleachers with smiles on their faces. They know they have prepared for this concert and are excited to show off their hard work. The conductors take their places before the students. The only thing that can be heard is one quick breathe in before they all sing the very first note.