A new beginning for boys basketball

By: Kylie McAllister [Executive Yearbook Editor] @smileeyyykylie

When going in to the gym tonight students and fans will see the boys basketball team warming up for their first game of the season against Anamosa. Craig Engle and Deshaun Quinn, both juniors, are really pumped for their first game. The basketball team has been working hard to prepare for their game tonight.

“I’m a little nervous but excited,” said Engle. Deshaun also feels the same way, “Yes, I’m excited and pumped to play the first game,” said Quinn. Some boys have been working in the offseason to get ready for this season. “I’ve been working really hard in the offseason,” said Quinn. He feels that working hard helps to improve his team. “The game goes much faster than sophomore year,” said Quinn. Deshaun has a better time on the court than he did when he was a sophomore. The team also has some goals for this year. “[Our goals are to] go to the state tournament and have more assist turnovers,” said Engle. The team is trying very hard to reach these goals but they will have to work very hard because they don’t have as many players as last year.

No matter if they win or lose tonight the team knows that they need to keep working hard to achieve their goals.

Deshaun Quinn and Craig Engle
Deshaun Quinn and Craig Engle