Singing loud and proud

By: Kaela Halvorson [Staff Writer] @kaelahalvorson

A group of the best singers in the WaMac all packed into a gym, and along with those students 30 Marion students are going to Honor Choir. Honor choir is a huge honor to be able to go to, one of the Marion girls going Liz Fontenot is very excited to be coming back for a second year.

Only  knowing their music for a short amount makes them have to practice, before they have to perform. “Yeah, we got our music five days ago” said Fontenot, although it’s stressful it is worth the stress. These are the best singers in the whole WaMac and she get’s to be part of it. “I like making music, I like singing more than band” said Fontenot, music is easy for some people while hard for others.

Two years and more to come Fontenot is excited for her second trip, “I went last year, it’s like the best singers in the schools” said Fontenot. She is very honored to be in the honor choir, “It’s a cool honor, it’s something you can put on your college applications and you can get points towards your music letter” said Fontenot. She is looking forward to going for the next two years also, “It looks good on a college application” said Fontenot.

Singing is a big part in many peoples lives and we don’t give enough credit to the choir kids. The best singers are in our school, talk to one of them, you may learn something you never knew before. Honor choir is a big deal, so it is great that we have 30 singers this year.

Liz Fontenot, Sophmore
Liz Fontenot, Sophmore