The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

The new routine

By: Tylar Jansen, Activities Editor

All of the crowd’s eyes are on the team. The girls are moving in sync to the music in the back round. She’s been doing this for a long time so she’s not nervous but she still doesn’t want to mess up.

Tiara Mitchell is a junior and new to Marion this year. Tiara decided to try out for the dance team here to help her meet new people and get more involved here. “I usually don’t stay long at schools, but I know I’ll be here for a while so I wanted to do something to meet a lot of nice people who are interested in dancing like me.” Tiara’s family moves around a lot so she said that she took two years off of dance but this year during football season inspired her to get involved in Marion’s dance team.

She has been in dance for four years and she said she loves everything about it. “I love to dance because it helps me stay in shape and I just feel good being out there.” She said dancing helps her break out of her shy shell and it makes her feel more confident in herself.

Tiara said she wouldn’t say she was great at dance but she said she made varsity cheerleading and dance at her other schools.

New school. New year. The routine is the same. Get dressed and all done up for the performance. Tiara is ready to get back out on the floor and do her passion, dance.