Stivers: an American beauty

By: Uriah Lekin [Staff Writer]

The walkway was surrounded on each side by the photographers; designers were watching the upcoming competition; modeling agents watched their signed master piece become the front cover of the nation’s top fashion magazines.

Ashton Stivers, freshman, dreams of being in a big-time pageant. To reach her goal of becoming an American Beauty, she has taken her first steps at the National American Miss Pageant also known as (NAM).

“My sister was in this pageant, she’s what motivated me to be in it,” Stivers said. “I heard you could get a modeling contract with Photogenic and also go to Hollywood,” she added.

Being in a pageant doesn’t just mean walking across the runway. Stivers did much more at the NAM Pageant. “Walking up on stage and dancing with my friends, also listening to them give out awards to people who did a brilliant job, I met a famous model, and I made a lot of new friends,” she commented.

Stivers achieved fourth runner-up in the contest and received two trophies and six ribbons.

Stivers is now well on her way of acquiring her dream of becoming an American top model.

Stivers participated in the National American Miss Pageant and enjoyed the entire experience.