Taking tweeting too far

By: Taylor Millis [Features Editor]

As the years go by technology improves and people seem to get more involved in technology. Students seem to live online and social media sites become the diaries of many. But some take social media sites to the extreme. Facebook drama and Twitter fights fill the social networking sites for all to see. Others have made accounts on these sites to make fun of groups of people. Last night a Twitter account was created about some of our students here at MHS and was soon after deleted.

Emi Banes, junior, was one of many who witnessed the disgusting tweets posted online. “It’s pointless and not right to make fun of people for things they can’t control.” Making fun of anyone online or anywhere for that matter is awful and immoral, but doing it to those that can’t help the disabilities they may have is even worse.

The question many ask is how anyone could do that and feel okay about it. Emi states her opinion, “They do it to feel better about themselves or they have way too much time on their hands.” Bored or not the point is that putting others down to better their self-esteem makes them look like worse of a person.

So what happened to this scandalous twitter account? And who was behind it? Well the answer is that the creator is unknown to the average computer user, but what people forget is that once something is put into cyber space it stays there even if the typical person can’t see it. And as for the twitter account, after only a few tweets, many other students spoke up against it and stood up for the right thing, and it was deleted. It’s good to know that there is still a little hope for our future generation.

Twitter is one of many social media sites found on the Internet.
View Comments (2)