The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

Where’s the snow?

By: Kaitlyn Nathem [Co-Editor of yearbook]

It’s the third of December and there is still no sign of snow in sight. This is a strange occurrence for the home of the Four Seasons. However, there are some people that don’t mind the warm and wet December days. One of those people who are extremely content with this weather would be Hannah Boteler, senior.

Hannah has noticed the strange December weather, and she loves it. “It’s really nice,” Hannah said. Many people have their reasons for enjoying the cold winter days, but Hannah has many more reasons to enjoy these warm winter evenings. “I don’t like to have to carry around my winter coat during school. Plus I don’t have to scrape my windows in the morning.” Having to wake up earlier than usual just to make sure the windows that one will be looking through while driving, is a large negative side to the winter.

Although some may not question the reasonings behind the warmer weather, it does cause many some suspicion. “I heard it’s because of global warming, but I’m not a weather man,” Hannah stated. The rumors have been flying quickly that the reasoning behind the weird weather would be that it is the end of the world. Nobody however knows the truth behind this.

People will always say that it’s not winter in Iowa if it doesn’t snow. Hannah doesn’t feel this way at all about missing out on the falling white fluff. “I only want snow on Christmas to get the Christmas feel,” Hannah said. There are many people who would agree with that statement and only want a White Christmas, not a White December.

It’s impossible to know if we will be getting snow on December 25th, but Hannah hopes that we will. The weather has been strange this year and it is going to follow all the way through to the end.

The weather this winter season has been very warm compared to past winters in Iowa.