Arebaugh’s passion

By: Austin Brown

He’s no rookie to the sport of swimming. Not only does he swim for the physical benefits, but because it’s just something he loves to do. Swimming is his passion, his devotion. And now that swimming season is just around the corner, he’s more than ready to pour his heart into the sport he’s been waiting for.

Justin Arebaugh, a freshman at MHS, was born to swim. He’s been swimming since he was a little kid. “My sister Jessica inspired me to start swimming.” Both his sister and his mom share his passion.
Because Marion lacks a swim team, Justin plans on taking his talents to Linn-Mar. He doesn’t mind though. “A lot of Linn-Mar kids are really nice.” Justin is looking forward to being on the sports poster. They don’t discriminate against freshmen,” he said with a chuckle.
After high school, Justin wants to take swimming to the next level. “I want to go to college for swimming,” he said. There is no off season for Justin. “Pretty much every day,” Justin is working out, or swimming at the YMCA. No matter what season it is. Along with swimming at the YMCA, Justin owns a pool of his own.  With so much swimming, failure to get sleep can be an issue. But he said it’s definitely worth it.
Whether it’s swimming laps on end at the Y, or just going to the pool to cure the summer heat, it’s obvious that Justin loves to swim. At Linn-Mar, Justin plans on competing at a high level. As much work and training that Justin has logged, there’s no way Justin can’t excel. It’s what to expect from someone that’s been swimming since he was little, from someone that has had a passion to swim ever since he can remember.