Friday night lights

By: Alice Dixon [Co-Editor of the Yearbook]

The rumble of the drums and the yelling of the cheerleaders is the first thing you can hear. The whole school is piled into the gym for the last assembly for football this year. Fans are anticipating the football game tonight.

Michael Moeller is going on his second year at Marion High School. He has attended lots of volleyball and football games this year. “I like going to the games,” he said with a laugh. For most high school students, sporting events are a chance to hang out with friends and cheer on the team.

Although the competition was rough, the boys on the football team gave it their all this season. “They didn’t do as good as I thought they would do, but they did alright,” he explained. Tonight is the final game of the season, as well as Senior Night. “I feel saddened that tonight is the last game because the games are fun,” Michael exclaimed.

The bright lights overhead slowly start to come on. The varsity players are warming up for the last game of the season. The clock is counting down, but not fast enough for the impatient fans waiting in the stands. The sun begins to descend into the afternoon sky and the ref blows his whistle.