Digging pink to stop breast cancer

By: Alex Estes [Staff Writer]

Breast cancer. A serious illness many normal and innocent women are stricken with, ravaging their fragile bodies with uncontrollable cells. Too many are diagnosed and are incurable, but the varsity volleyball team has joined a cause to help reverse the effects of the disease.

Hannah Miller is the captain of the varsity volleyball team. She is also part of a volleyball game to raise money to end breast cancer, called Dig Pink. Dig Pink is a game hosted with Benton to raise money for the organization Especially For You. This is the second year they have done this.

Miller enjoys being involved in this. “[I think it’s] a really good thing to be involved with…. It’s like a make you feel good thing” Miller’s teammates are really getting into Dig Pink also.

The varsity volleyball team is also doing a coin drive, and selling t-shirts to raise money. Miller also thinks that it is “[a] really good thing to help your community and others, and that everyone should come support us ☺.”

One day in the future we will be able to cure patients with all kinds of cancer. But until that day, we need to work to raise all the money and awareness we can.

Hannah and the volleyball team play against Benton tonight to raise funds for Especially For You, a cancer research foundation.