Long term sub

By: Tylar Jansen, Activities Editor

He sits at his desk correcting papers for his class. He’s subbing for a day and doesn’t like that he can’t always remember all names of the students that he taught.

Jacob Fishell, a long term sub, is subbing long term while Mrs. Eicher is on maternity leave. “I’m here long term subbing for Mrs. Eicher, [she] had a baby and asked me to come,” he explained. Mr. Fishell said that he is happy long term subbing to hopefully get to know the student he teachers better.

Mr. Fishell explained that the hardest part about long term subbing is grading all the papers and homework. “The hardest part for me is just trying to grade all of the assignments and papers for the English classes,” he said. Mr. Fishell also said that he will sub for almost any subject except for science and math classes because he isn’t the greatest at those subjects.

He shared that the best part about long term subbing is that he doesn’t have to leave after a day and feel that he actually knows the students that he taught. “I like coming every day and getting to know the students in my classes. Journalism rocks, the kids really enjoy the question of the day!” he smiled.

Mr. Fishell is getting ready for the day and excited to go and teach something new to hi students. He hopes that he makes a difference and teach them something they will take with them.