Too early to go to school

By: Jordan Hansen, Opinion Editor

Waking up in the morning it feels like any other day of the week. That’s because it is. Every morning we have to wake up and be in school by 8:15 (Unless you have 1st block off, of course).

My question is.. WHY SO EARLY?! It’s ridiculous. No one likes waking up early. Most people are bad at it, and we usually end up stumbling out of our houses almost late for school. But why do the elementary kids get to go to school at around 9:00? Yes, nine. Most people would rather stay later at school than be at school earlier morning.

Think about it like this. When we walk into first hour, most of us are still half-asleep, and we don’t do our best work that early in the morning. To top things off, many people don’t get breakfast. Yes, the school serves breakfast, but there are no Poptarts. And when we don’t have Poptarts, bad things happen. Such as a mob of zombie like, angry, hungry students.

Stumbling out of the house, almost late, hungry, and in a bad mood…. everyone just knows it’s going to be another awesome day of being a student in high school.

View Comments (3)