Black Friday turns ugly

Tylar Jansen, Activities Editor
Tylar Jansen, Activities Editor

-Commentary-

By: Tylar Jansen, Activities Editor

Hair pulling. Women hitting eachother. People getting trampled. What causes all this madness? The day store workers dread, Black Friday!

Black Friday is a day where many stores have sales that are too good to miss, to get ready for the holidays. If you’re a shopper you get to save a lot, but the question is how far would a shopper go to get that last medium sweater?

The Friday after Thanksgiving is suppose to be a day where people save money and get their holiday shopping done, but throughout the years there has been many mishappenings such as punching, trampling when stores open their doors at the early morning hours and even stabbing all for the last video game that their son or even husband might need. Now is this really necessary? Shoppers think so, but what about the store workers?

The managers like it because they’re rolling in the big bucks from the crazy moms with their credit cards, trying to make a good deal but working that day starting at 3 am or closing at midnight can’t be fun. Especially working at a clothing store where it seems like no customer knows how to fold clothes or put the item back at the table it belongs, and particulary this day it will get 300 times worse because every shopper wants to get in the store fast, get a deal, even if it means to pull it from another lady, and get out.

If a person wishes to get up early and deal with other wackos who will do anything to get their daughter the pair of jeans she’ll die without or the game system her son needs, then best wishes to them. To those poor workers, the best of luck and hope that the store doesn’t run of the size that crazy lady with a purse needs.