Spring Break!

By: Nicole Matheny, Yearbook Editor

It’s another busy day for her: juggling students, correcting stacks of papers, working with a student teacher, and making plans to finish off third quarter. Besides planning and organizing her career, she is planning to get as much done as she can during Spring break.

Ms. Schultz, of the English department, is just as ready for this quarter to come to an end as the students are at MHS. “I’m definitely ready for fourth quarter…this term just seems the longest, not the most stressful, but because of the whole no break factor,” says Schultz. Spring break also means that this school year is coming to an end. “I’m pretty excited for the year to be done. I’ll miss the students, but it’ll be another new beginning,” she explains.

As for her crazy Spring break, Ms. Schultz will be traveling a lot to see friends and family. “I’ll be going to Galena, then to Wisconsin, and Davenport.” She has been planning for months and is going all over to see three groups of people she hasn’t seen in a while. “During the break, I’ll get to see old friends, family, and current friends, it’s been in the works since last fall, and I’m very excited,” Schultz says with a smile. Just four more days and she’ll be making her way out of Iowa during this much needed break.

Whether traveling or staying in Marion, just being out of school and this quarter ending will be a gift. Just four more stressful days and it will be so worth it.