Hard work for Hardman

By: Tylar Jansen, Activities Editor

He is running laps around the gym. Getting ready for the season. He can’t wait for his senior year of basketball to begin and is just hoping for a good season over all.

Austin Hardman, senior, was on the boys varsity basketball team this year. “The season went good. Everyone played really well and we had a great student section towards the middle and end of the season,” Austin explained. He feels really proud of himself and his other teammates and hopes that they made Marion proud.

He feels that they couldn’t have done as well as they did this year without all the great players on the team. “We have a good group of guys and we all work well together,” he said. Austin said that every one on the team helped each other out whenever it was needed and always supported eachother throughout the entire season.

Austin shared that the entire season was a fun experience. “Practices and team dinners were my favorite because everyone was together and we just had fun,” he said. Austin said, “I’m also proud of REDnation because they helped us get through the season, the student section was just really good and it felt good to see everyone cheering us on.”

He shared that he was a little upset about state but feels that everyone played their hardest but it may not have been their best playing skills.

He is running down the court again. This time he’s heading off the court, Austin finishes his last season of his high school basketball career with a smile and just proud of his team and knows that they did their best and made Marion proud.