Work hard all throughout the year

By: Abi Washburn, Staff Writer

The last quarter of school is coming just around the corner and students are getting more and more anxious as the snow melts and the feel of summer comes. Kids are getting bored of school and the monotony of it so they start slacking off. Although we are all anxious for summer we still need to keep our heads up and finish off the school year right.

Staying focused, being prepared, and having goals are key to being successful in school even when it seems to be getting boring and repetitive.

One way to stay focused is to manage your distractions. When at school, try to not bring as many electronic devices because they can distract you and keep you from listening to the teacher. Listening to the teacher can sometimes trigger your interest and it will become easier focus.

Another way to keep from doing poorly towards the end of school is to be prepared. Set aside time to do your homework after school so you won’t have to scramble to finish it in the morning or right before class. When being prepared it gives you time to do the work right and get better grades.

Lastly make goals for yourself. Making goals can help you be more successful at school. When people have goals they really want to reach they try their hardest to fully commit to that goal and they will more likely do what they need to do to reach.

Following these three tips will make a difference and help the outcome of the school year. When focusing, being prepared, and making goals doing poorly will be difficult. School is important and the time you spend here will be the same whether you put forth the effort or not, so do what you can to make it count!