Prepping for prom

By: Danielle Tiernan, Vox Editor

Prom, although it’s over a month away, many students have already started shopping. Many girls have found their dresses and are getting them altered, and some guys have already made plans to get a tux. There are a lot of reasons to start prom shopping early.

One of the main reasons for girls to start shopping early is so they can get the dress they want before another girl from the same school gets it. A lot of prom dress stores won’t sell the same dress, even if it’s in a different color, to girls that go to the same school. Also some sizes sell out faster than others, so the girls who need those sizes have to get them before they’re gone. There’s always the option to get the dress taken in, but sometimes it doesn’t fit as well.

As for guys, they don’t need to prepare as far in advance as girls. It only takes a couple weeks for them to get their tux ready. They have to find a tux first, then a tie to match their date’s outfit, then they get it fitted, and pick it up on the day of prom or a couple days before. Although guys have it easier when it comes to their outfit, they are the ones who pay for dinner.

Many students are preparing for prom already, even though it’s not until April 16th. Girls, don’t stress out too much about you’re dress, the night will be perfect no matter what. Just make sure not to worry about the small stuff, and make sure to have fun!