Facebook statuses become a little too personal

By: Tylar Jansen, Activities editor

Going to a movie then with friends and I’ll be home. Out tanning. Insulting a boy or girl because of a break up.

These are common ‘status’ updates on websites like facebook and twitter. These websites are a very cool invention except for some kids may be telling too much about their lives online.

Anyone with a facebook could potentially see anybody else’s status and know where they are depending on how much detail a person gives and it could be said to the wrong person.

Not everyone on facebook is a bad person obviously, but it is a common thing to see random people making facebooks to add people they don’t know to spam their facebook or they could be a bad person trying to meet other people or often children. Teens often fall for this person and go to meet them in person which is another very unsafe, negative side of these online sites.

Another common thing seen in status’ is fighting. A couple breaks up and comments on each others personal life or appearance or friends even fighting saying horrible things about each other in their status. Fighting between friends should be kept between them personally and not online for potentionally the whole facebook world to read.

Now these social sites are a great way to stay in touch with new friends or to see how a old one is doing. Now when kids, or anybody in fact, begin to put too much information about their life or location is when it begins to be dangerous, so just try and keep your location and your life away from those “facebook creeps.”