New term, new opportunities

By: Storm Bogs, Web Editor

It’s a new term and that means new beginnings. New terms give students the chance to have better first impressions with teachers and more opportunities to make new friends. There are many pros and cons to starting a new term.

One con with the new term is the classes. Some students aren’t happy with their classes and wish to change them. The problem is, is that there are only two guidance counselors and hundreds of students wanting to change their schedule. Since classes must be changed within a certain amount of days, there is the possibility that some students might not be able to change their classes.

Another con with the schedules are that because there are hundreds of students that wish to change their schedule, there are the long lines that students have to wait in. Some students have other things to do right away after school and can’t wait in the long line to have their schedules changed.

It’s a new term, which means new opportunities. Although students might not get the classes they want, they should still make the best of the term.