Getting out of the cold for winter break

By: Alice Dixon, Staff Writer

As she finishes packing up her stuff for the trip, she realizes how excited she actually is. Unlike her friends, she’ll be going somewhere warm for winter break. She grabs her bags and she’s headed to the airport.

Breiana Brown, freshmen, is taking a trip this year to Mesa, Arizona for Christmas break. Luckily, she gets to stay out of the cold for a while. Breiana is excited to go, and her family is leaving on Christmas Day. “I’d probably rather leave because it’s warm down there,” she stated. She’s ready to be in some good weather!

Breiana’s family is taking a trip to Arizona because they’re visiting their grandpa, like they do every three years or so. She says she’s unsure of what their going to do, but it’s going to be fun. “…it’s a surprise, but I know we’re going to the zoo and visiting my grandpa,”  she replied excited.

As her plane takes off, she’s excited to see what awaits her after she arrives. Although she doesn’t know for sure, she does know that she’ll be in the heat, and she’s excited.