Great start to another year

By: Casey Burns [Feature Editor]

School has officially begun and students have been in their classes for eight days now.  Freshmen are familiar with the schedule and the new seniors are at the top.  Sports have already had their first games and the music department has the musical auditions and Vocal Varietas has their first 7 AM rehearsal this week.

Some teachers are new to the building and new to the district.  If a student has been in a class of that same subject and all of a sudden there is a new teacher, some students may act different or may not talk at all, but that is normal and it takes some getting used to before a student may be completely familiar with the teacher.

A lot of students are excited to hang out with friends again and go to the football games, but it is a question to some as to whether people will stay focused and keep good grades.  Mentor meetings have now been set to every Monday and it is mandatory for every student to be there from 220-245.

It’s not a huge concern this year.  All of the high school students have shown that they are focused and will still do their schoolwork as well as other activities, work, and hang out with friends.

There is a lot of potential in this year’s students and it brings great excitement for the rest of the terms until the last day of school.  Let’s continue to be strong and have a great year.  GO INDIANS!