The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

What does winter break mean for you?

It’s starting to get colder everyday, as December has begun not even a week ago. Holiday break is right around the corner and that’s something to look forward to for many Marion High School students.

Break is a time to hang out with your friends, take a break from school or practices, not to stress about homework, and celebrate. Break starts on December 23, 2009 and we go back to school on January 4, 2010.

Although it’s supposed to be a religious holiday, I think most people have forgotten the true meaning behind them. Truthfully, I think of break as a time to hang out with my friends and not have to wake up early to go to basketball practice. The religious meaning doesn’t really mean anything to me. When I was little every time I heard the word Christmas, I would think of presents. Only later did I find out that it was actually religious.

Many people assume on holiday break families only celebrate Christmas and New Years Eve, yet there are some students at Marion High School who celebrate other holidays.

New Years to most people is a time to stay up late and party. For me it’s just another night hanging out with my friends, except at midnight it becomes a new year.

Whether you think of the holiday break as a time to party, hang out with friends, or just have a break from school, enjoy the warm weather while it lasts because it won’t be here for long.