It’s time to grow wings

Gage Miskimen @GageMisky [Co Executive Newspaper Editor]

Graduation is coming up and the day after recent graduates will wake up and think, “now what?’. What’s really great about graduating is now life is open to so many possibilities and adventures. It’s limitless and exciting. One should really figure out what they want to do and then take whatever risks to go out and get it. Nobody should let their fears and concerns hold back their success.

People should also make sure what they’re doing in life makes them happy. If someone isn’t happy with what they’re doing, then what’s the point? It’s time for society to stop fearing failure because there really is no such thing as failure. If one ‘fails’, it just means that they found out a way that doesn’t work and that will essentially lead them to a new path towards success. It’s time for society to become a world of leaders rather than followers. Everyone is so scared to form their own opinions and cling to the popular movements and trends of the time. People are fearful of being creative and different and there’s no reason to be afraid. The worst thing that can happen is that someone might not like an idea that one has and who cares? Everyone’s opinion doesn’t matter on every single issue or idea that is presented in society.

Goals are important and everyone should always want more and strive for these things. People shouldn’t be greedy though and the things they want shouldn’t be physical things. Happiness and finding one’s self should be the ultimate destination in life. One should be fearless and live without regrets, but they should not get reckless along the way. People should be considerate of others when trying to achieve happiness and success and should avoid hurting others along the way, because if one is hurting others then they’re not truly successful, they’re just cowards who are tearing others down to make themselves appear larger. People should be trying to extend their own lines instead of cutting others down to their level. Everyone should essentially be trying to explore the world, find their wings, and pilot their own lives.

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”  ― Mahatma Gandhi
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
― Mahatma Gandhi