March 26, 2024
Some students have different life ambitions, and graduating early is a great option for some.
Premature diploma
March 26, 2024
A student listens to music with her headphones before class.
Blast from the past
March 26, 2024

Grey’s takes a devastating turn, or more than one

Ashley Lappe @frappelappe [Executive Ads Editor]

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT! For the past ten years, no show has pulled on it’s viewer’s emotions more than Grey’s anatomy. This top medical drama has captured the attention of the entire nation with its many scandals, relationships, and of course, it’s tragedies.

One of the biggest upsets was the death of Denny Duquette. The show portrayed him as a lovable patient with a major crush on intern, Izzie Stevens. In the beginning, it was only him with the crush, but later on in the season, it became a mutual liking, but was held back due to the rules of the hospital. Thankfully, he was released from the hospital and their relationship was able to form. Unfortunately, it didn’t last long. Denny was brought back to the hospital with more health problems that later caused his death. This was possibly the most devastating death to most of the viewers.

But the tragedy didn’t stop there, during the show’s fifth season a main character was shockingly killed. Dr. George O’malley, another intern, was dragged behind a bus after jumping in front of it in attempt to save a runaway patient. Although this was a big surprise to a lot of viewers, it wasn’t the most heartbreaking moment the show has had.

It only gets more depressing though, in season eight the show decided it would be a good idea to comp

Mcsteamy was arguably the most important character on the show
‘Mcsteamy’ was arguably the most important character on the show

letely ruin the viewers’ lives by killing off not one, not two, but six doctors in a devastating plane crash. This included Mcsteamy, a favorite of the show, and the main character, meredith’s sister.

And the final death of the “most devastating deaths of Grey’s anatomy” list was brought to the viewers’ televisions last night. One of the biggest characters that has been with us since the beginning and was also a favorite was killed off. Mcsteamy, aka dr. Derek shepherd, played by Patrick Dempsey was in a mind blowing accident that resulted in him being placed on life support. After finding out his chances of survival were very slim, his wife and fellow surgeon, Meredith grey, had to pull the plug. This death left many people angry and confused.

So apologies for the spoiler alert to those people who weren’t able to view this depressing episode last night. But no matter how devastating last nights episode was, the show goes on and the fun will be finding out how the series will end without the lovable Mcdreamy.