Attention students and staff of MHS

A message from Tamara Gerdemann…

Many of you may recall seeing Beth Topping smiling, laughing, and asking you about your shoes as she was being pushed down the hall in her wheelchair.  Unfortunately our happy Beth was diagnosed with a brainstem tumor last June.  In October she began radiation at the U of I Hospital.  The tumor has shrunk, but her health has declined since then.  She has had several operations and many long hospital stays.  At this point her team of doctors are still uncertain about the cause of her current condition as well as possible solutions to improve her health.

Her current condition is very serious.  She has lost a considerable amount of weight and the feeding tube is not working the way it was designed to.

We are banding together as a staff to help this family during this difficult time.  Beginning Wednesday we will be selling bracelets to not only help the Topping Family but also as a way to keep Beth in our thoughts.  The price of the bracelets will be $1.00 for students and $1.00 or donation for staff members.  They will be available in the office, teachers’ lounge, or Room 30.

Thank you so much for your support!!  If you have any questions please feel free to see me.

…lets all band together to support a fellow student!