The class taste-tests dishes at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant.
New fine-dining experience

‘Promanoia’ sets in

Savannah Guyer @SavannahMGuyer [Feature Editor]

There’s a certain anxiety that falls over those preparing for one of the most epic nights of a high schooler’s life. Prom is deemed a majestical evening for those attending, and the pressure to make sure everything is perfectly in place can be more than a little overwhelming. The stress of finding the correct attire to wear, accessories to go with the said wardrobe, and a place to chow down before the dance are all things that wrap students’ minds in a sense of apprehension. One of the features that Promgoers often fret about is that of getting a date, and although this can affect some of the other worries of the night, it is not something that students should lose sleep over, or even consider as a reason to not take part the dance.

While it is nice for attendees to have someone they can share the evening with, it should not be a necessity for them. Prom is going to be just as exciting whether people have someone there with them romantically or not, and the outcome of the dance should not solely depend on that aspect. A student can go to Prom with a group of friends and have just as much fun, if not more, than with a date. Forcing themselves to go with someone they may not really like or find themselves awkward around is a recipe for a tense, and even embarrassing, night.

To save themselves from having an uneasy evening, students should be comfortable enough with themselves to go with a set of peers, or even on their own, and be confident that they’ll have a great time rather than sticking it out at home.  If people participating in Prom already have dates that they’re excited to attend with, then they should be able to have a wonderful time as well but the weight of having a date doesn’t impact the greatness of the special evening in any way. Whether with a date, with a group of friends, or solo, students should be able to experience all the fascinating features of Prom, from the anxiety of anticipating it to the actuality of being there in the same enchanting light.

Blah blah blah prom prom prom
Whoever prom is spent with, it should be a memorable evening.