March 26, 2024
Some students have different life ambitions, and graduating early is a great option for some.
Premature diploma
March 26, 2024
A student listens to music with her headphones before class.
Blast from the past
March 26, 2024

To ban or not to ban grinding

Ashley Lappe @frappelappe [Executive Ads Editor]

Everyone knows high school dances can be filled with some pretty appalling actions, but recently those actions have seemed to increase in raunchiness. Rumors have been flying around of new rules that include “absolutely no grinding”. This may or may not be a legit up and coming rule, but students are nevertheless unhappy about the prospect of it becoming set in stone. In response to the possible new rule, some students have been discussing the production of a warehouse prom. This, of course, is a prom that is held in a warehouse setting away from the school and away from the rules. One could imagine how this situation could go from bad to worse.

So instead of cutting grinding completely, maybe some other options should be looked into. Rules such as no touching the floor, or one’s body should not go lower than a certain angle, or any other rules that seem fit. Otherwise, cutting grinding may cause some rebellious actions, including the idea of a warehouse prom, which would have no supervision.

This is a difficult situation to deal with. The people in charge have to figure out a way to decrease the amount of inappropriate behavior without causing students to become even more rebellious. Before making the decision, all options should be looked into so the problem can be fixed in the best possible way.