MC Chriz new album release

By: Wyatt Ehr @wyattehr [Staff Writer]

This week marks the release of junior Chris Keller or “MC Chriz’s” new album Softly Dying In The White Abyss. Softly Dying In The White Abyss will take you on a journey into the mind of this young rapper covering topics such as suicide, depression, relationships with women, and much more.

SDITWA is Keller’s most personal record yet, with extremely self deprecating, vivid lyrics about his real life experiences and struggles that he has had to go through. This is not the your average rap album. While most rappers choose to make songs about about drugs, money, and partying, Keller chooses to stay away from these things. Keller chooses to write honest songs in attempt to help others going through the similar problems rather than making money.

Keller shows strong lyrical abilities with this album, and has much potential for future projects. While Keller has very dense and vivid rhymes, they are sometimes overpowered by the instrumental making it difficult to hear what he is saying. It also wouldn’t hurt to mix up the beats a little bit, with every song sounding very similar.

Even with its flaws, SDITWA is a good album. Keller continues to prove that he has what it takes to make it in the rap business, and that he should be taken seriously as an artist. Kellar has managed to craft a very lyrical, cohesive project that manages to pull the listener in and see what its like to live through Keller’s eyes. That’s why SDITWA walks away with a 7.6/10 rating.

The cover art for Chris Kellers newest album, one of his most personal works yet.
The cover art for Chris Keller’s newest album, one of his most personal works yet.
View Comments (2)