Red Nation falls apart

Kaydence Dewoody @Kaydewoods [Staff Writer]

It goes without saying that Red Nation has gone down hill in the last couple of years. The student section used to take up the whole entire bleacher portion they were assigned to at football, basketball, and other  games. Now we’re lucky if its even half full. We’ve had good seasons and we’ve had bad seasons, but that doesn’t change the amount of people who attend games. We should always be there supporting our players because that’s what school spirit is all about.

The real problem Red Nation has is its leaders. If the leaders aren’t cheering, the crowd isn’t going to cheer either. Their job is to get the crowd excited and pumped for the game, the crowd follows exactly what they do. Also, if they’re screaming and yelling at people to cheer when they’re not even cheering, it doesn’t make it fun to be in the student section for anyone.  Maybe more people would actually participate in the student section if it had fun themes and not repeated themes we use two or three times each sports season.

Not to bash on the “leaders” of red nation, but there should be no reason that the bleachers aren’t full of screaming supportive students. If the leaders took their jobs a bit more seriously, maybe the rest of the student body wouldn’t be far behind.

Red Nation cheering on the volleyball team
View Comments (1)