Girls gone wild

Lexi Morgan @Lexi_Morgan17 [Social Media Editor]

High school relationships vary from lasting a week to years. They either end, or the couple ends up getting married. Those are the only two options. Although some of these girls are so young, many of them go into these relationships thinking that this is the person they’re going to spend the rest of their life with.  Personally, that seems a bit heavy. According to Professorshouse.com, less than 19% of couples make it to college. Of that 19%, only 2% actually make it.

One problem with going into a relationship to seriously is girls get so jealous over nothing. Social media has made girl friends go crazy, keeping an eye on what their boy is doing 24/7. They check whose tweets they favorite, who favorites their tweet, whose instagram picture they’re liking, etc. It’s getting ridiculous. Not only do these girls take creeping to a new level, they don’t take it out on their boyfriend. They take it out on the girl who simply favorited a funny tweet she stumbled upon. The real question is why do they even care? Favoriting a person’s tweet means that the individual liked the tweet, not that they’re in love with the person who tweeted it.

Another thing that’s annoying is girls who won’t even let their boyfriends be in the same room as another girl. Girls are getting mad because their boyfriend goes to a volleyball game. Why? I guarantee he’s not going to cheat in front of one hundred people at a volleyball game. It’s amazing how many girls get accused of flirting with someone’s boyfriend because they did something small, like say hi in the hallway or text them what the homework was in chemistry. It’s honestly ridiculous how far the girls are taking this.

The point of this is girls are taking their relationships way too seriously. If you get married, cool, but this is high school. Let the leash go. High school is a time to have fun, which doesn’t mean it’s an excuse to do anything stupid. People should still be able to live a little, but don’t be idiotic. Trust is what relationships live on, have some. If a relationship doesn’t have trust, then it isn’t  going to last anyway.

Many teenagers use social media as a way to keep tabs on their 'other half'
Many teenagers use social media as a way to keep tabs on their ‘other half’