T Swizzle sizzles out

Kaela Halvorson @kaelswhales (Design Editor)

The cover art of Taylor Swifts first album

As much as everyone loves Taylor Swift, this new album is getting way too much attention. Like, awesome, Taylor is coming out with another album, clearly trying to fit in with all the other singers. Taylor Swift was made to be a country singer, and now she changed to the opposite. She lost a lot of her original fans, but will gain some new ones in this new genre. However, with her singing about the same thing with just a new sound, will everyone will lose interest?

Taylor Swift no doubt has good music, but why give her so much attention when all she sings about is how heart broken she is about another guy who was going to be ‘the one’?  Yes it is something some girls can relate to, but girls are starting to change the kind of music they listen to. As time moves on, people are going to stop listening to her music because it’s just the same story over and over again. Swift is old news, but somehow she still gets more attention than needed about her new album.

Another thing about her about her that some people question, why is she is trying so hard to fit in with all the other pop singers. Taylor Swift rapping? Who saw that coming? And to be honest how many people wanted that to come? We need Taylor Swift to forget about pop and go back to country, so she can be herself and not try be someone she isn’t. Country is popping back up in top music now, she should just go back to what she is good at.