Basically Boisterous Billboards

By: Alex Coleman @AlexColeman831 [Executive Daily Powwow Editor]

Just imagine, it’s a peaceful Tuesday afternoon. The wind is whipping in through the open windows of the car. An individual is driving down the highway, cruising, loving life, taking in the beautiful cornfields and hills of the great Iowa landscape. Suddenly they notice something in the distance. They near closer and closer to the strange object, realizing all too soon what they’re coming up on. A large sign that reads “‘God, send us someone who can cure AIDS, Cancer, etc. etc.’ ‘I did but you aborted them’.”

Anti-abortion billboards are scattered all along the highway, not only in Iowa, but in many states across the U.S. There are hundreds upon thousands of people who riot against abortion each year. The 14th Amendment gives every woman their right to an abortion, but obviously, a multitude of people have chosen to use their right to Freedom of Speech to protest this privilege. Abortion is frowned upon by most people, but the few people who aren’t against the idea of killing a fetus are not going to have their minds changed by a cheesy billboard.

Just think about it, if an individual is pregnant and considering an abortion, whose place is it to tell them they can’t get one? The individual is already experiencing a lot of confusion and stress about their situation, and if they do choose to abort their child they’ll experience a lot more. Do they really need strangers attacking their choices? And honestly, if an individual is driving down the highway and they happens to see one of these ridiculous signs, what are the odds of them going ‘you know what, I’m going to keep this baby now.’

Just because we as a people have the right  to riot against things we disagree with, it doesn’t mean that we have to impose these rights on other people. Is it really going to make someone think about not getting an abortion if you put up that sign? No, probably not, it’s just going to make you look like a huge, ignorant jerk. Choose wisely friends.

Abortion sign on the side of the highway