Dressed up without questions

By: Kaela Halvorson [Design editor] @kaleswhales

Usually when a girl walks down the hallway in a skirt or dress and people assume that something is going on and ask “Why are you so dressed up?” This is meant to be a simple question out of curiosity or even a compliment, but it is truly annoying. Sometimes people want to just look nice, show off some new clothes for the summer, or that may just be the style of clothing they feel comfortable in. Being dressed nice sometimes makes people feel better about themselves. They may be in a good mood because they are confident with their looks for that day, but then get really annoyed because others are constantly asking them why they are dressed nice.

Dressing nicely and coming to school is not a crime, but getting questioned by everyone in the hallway can make it feel like a crime scene. Just because if someone doesn’t dress up often and then decides to doesn’t mean that they had to dress up for a certain event. They could just be in a positive mood and feel like expressing that through their outfits. Wearing a cute outfit isn’t affecting anyone else, so just wear it.

So, instead of questioning someone simply for looking nice, try complimenting them instead. Let everyone express themselves without unneeded judgement. This will help everyone go about their school day much happier and confident.

Alex Coleman, sophmore
Alex Coleman, sophomore, enjoys dressing up with the weather’s nice. She doesn’t care what others think about the way she dresses.