Positive precipitation postponements

By: DeLaney Fisher [Staff Writer] @DeLaney__Fisher

Many people are aware of the not so nice weather that has been messing up plans left and right. The weather has caused a long list of cancellations and has postponed many games, meets, and competitions. Most people would think this is a hassle and would rather be competing than looking at the bleak picture that is the outdoors.

For Isabelle Webber, sophomore, the most recent bout of bad weather and rain turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Last night most of the events set to take place were postponed, including the Marion Girl’s Golf teams’ meet. The meet was at home, and would have taken place at Gardner Golf course off of Highway 100. This would have been the first meet all season to be both varsity and junior varsity. Which means that all the girls on the team could’ve golfed.

Webber was double booked for the night, and that is where the rained stepped in to help. “I was glad the meet got postponed because I had the band/choir concert so I couldn’t golf in the meet anyway”, Webber explained. Now, Webber has the chance to golf in the meet at the make up date.

Webber has been golfing for two years. “Last year I golfed in two meets”, but this year she hasn’t been so lucky. “I haven’t golfed in a meet yet this season because of the weather and because of my concussion.”

As the weather is talked about, because it will be, think about the benefits that it can bring. And remember, April showers bring May flowers!

Isabelle Webber
Isabelle Webber