Critical choices

By: Becca Hall [Executive online editor] @ChewwBecccaa

Good or bad, everyone makes choices. These decisions are what makes a person into who they are and can affect what other people think of them. Everyones day starts and ends with a choice with many decisions in between. Often people are judged on their choices, which is fine when their choices affect those around them, but it is completely ridiculous to judge or even get mad at someone over a choice they made that has nothing to do with them.

Just as everyone makes choices, everyone is entitled to make their own choices, and with that their own mistakes. Choices-right or wrong- are what humans learn from. If a choice is good, they will be rewarded and most likely make the decision again, but if a choice is bad they will have to suffer the consequences and try a different solution the next time. This is how humanity works and has worked for thousands of years.

The only acceptable time to judge someone on their choices is when a) it affects others or b) the person continues to make the same mistake. At this point someone should approach this person and address the issue, explaining why their mistakes are concerning and offer other options. Only after these steps have been taken is it acceptable to judge another person for their choices.

Most often people don’t intend to make decisions that will negatively affect themselves or others. If the decision the person made is a mistake, they will have to deal with the consequences and don’t need other people to judge or get angry at them because of it, especially when the choice didn’t have any affect on others. As humans making choices- even if they are mistakes- is a natural thing.