Parking lot mayhem

By: Taylor Millis [Co-executive yearbook editor]

Hair pulling, stress inducing, cuss word yelling; just a few phrases to describe the feelings that many students may have trying to get out of the student parking lot after school.

As high school students it is obvious and predictable that not all are expert parkers or drivers, but there is something to be said about common sense.

The initial issue with the parking lot is the mass of students who rush out of the building as the bell rings. They all jump in their cars and try to beat the car pile up that is just seconds away. Although that is the exact reason that the pile up happens. The next issue is how rude and impatient people can be. Ideally people would use the every-other-car rule when the parking lot is crazy busy but politeness seems to go out the window when the one goal on everyone’s mind is rushing home.  While there are plenty of other issues with our parking lot these are the few major ones that are easily fixed.

So for the next few days when the bell rings, student drivers should try taking a deep breath, and leisurely walk through the parking lot to their car. Once in the vehicle they should calmly make their way through the parking lot and, please, have some patience and be polite and allow one car to go before you. By doing this everyone should able to get out of the parking lot without an utter of a swear word, losing a clump of hair or cutting a few days from our lives from the mass of stress.

Marion parking lot after school.
Marion parking lot after school.