Final Score

By: Savannah Guyer [Activites editor] @savannahmguyer

Last night was the final basketball game of the season, and for seniors, the last time to play a competitive game on the court as high school students. Craig Engle, junior, reflects on how he felt during the final game of his junior year, “It’s really kinda sad.” Engle commented. Although Marion lost the game, Engle feels good about the season, “It went pretty well, it could have gone better but the games were so close, it could’ve gone either way.” Engle added.

Throughout the game, Engle kept himself focused by thinking what would happen if they won, “I had the thought of never playing with the seniors again.” Engle stated. With the season now under their belts, Engle will not forget the memories he made alongside his teammates, “My favorite part of the season was the practices and team dinners, they were so much fun.” Engle said.

Engle won’t let the defeat of the game get in the way of succeeding in future seasons, “I hope to get farther next year, I want us to improve.” Engle commented. With a good attitude and their goals in mind, the Marion Boys Basketball team is sure to return next season more determined than ever.